Why Real Trees?
Here are just a few reasons why you should choose a real tree:
- A visit to a Christmas tree farm to choose a tree is a special experience the whole family can enjoy and is the start of Christmas for many.
- Nothing beats the smell of a real tree
- The tradition of putting up a tree dates back to Pagan times, let’s keep the tradition going.
- One acre of Christmas trees produces enough oxygen for 18 people every day
- Just one tree can absorb 1 ton of carbon dioxide during its lifetime and with over 350 million trees growing at any one time, you can imagine the benefits.
- Sustainable farming practices, with at least one new tree being planted for every tree being cut down.
- Christmas tree plantations provide a perfect natural habitat for many wildlife and insect species to thrive.
- Real trees are fully biodegradable. They can be chipped and put back on the land where they will decompose and return nutrients to the ground that grew them, completing the full cycle. Lots of local charities offer collection and chipping in return for donations which provide them with much needed income.