Simple steps to help keep your tree fresh and prolong its needle holding ability:
- Store outside in a bucket of water until ready to put up inside
- Just prior to putting up cut at least 2cms (1”) off the bottom of the trunk to allow water uptake. We can do this for you at the farm but it will then need to be put into water within an hour as after this time, the trunk will reseal and will not take up water.
- When inside put your tree in a water holding stand and water daily – it’s surprising how much it will drink. Do not let it dry out.
- If at all possible, avoid placing the tree near a radiator, fire or direct heat.
- If possible wait until December to put up your tree.